Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a love story with a twist. The love story mingles with science fiction because Henry is a time traveler. But, not in the way we normally think. It's not his job. It's not his invention. It's more of a genetic defect. However, his destiny with Clare is clear. The novel traces the love story between Henry and Clare and all the obstacles that come with a man who can suddenly disappear at any time. I'm usually not a fan of love stories, but this one was so interesting that I couldn't put it down. I was told it was a tear-jerker, and I honestly didn't cry although I could see why others have. Read it if you are a sucker for a good love story, if time travel interests you, or if you love reading a story told from the perspective of two different people (Clare and Henry take turns narrating). I give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments: