Sunday, July 29, 2007

Eat, Pray, Love


Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is a memoir written about a year of travelling through Italy, India, and Indonesia. Gilbert was divorced in her thirties and decided to take a trip to "find herself" so to speak. In Italy she studied pleasure. For her, this meant eating fine Italian food and learning to speak Italian...just for fun. In India she studied devotion while staying at an Ashram. Finally, in Indonesia she studied balance. She wanted to learn how to balance pleasure and devotion in her life. I love the way this book is organized and found it much more touching than I originally thought it would be. I'm not spiritual at all, but somehow this book spoke to my heart. Read this book if you're a woman, if you're interested in travel, or even if you just want to read a great story about someone finding out how to live life on her own terms. I give it an 8 out of 10.

No comments: